It's Dementia Awareness Week (30th May - 5th June)
Breathing Space work in partnership with Alzheimer's Scotland, a charity which provides a wide range of specialist services for people with dementia and their carers.
This week Alzheimer's Scotland are raising awareness through '5 things you should know about dementia', with further information for each point provided on the Dementia Awareness Week pages:
1. Dementia is not a natural part of ageing
2. Dementia is caused by diseases of the brain
3. Dementia is not just about losing your memory
4. It's possible to live well with dementia
5. There's more to the person than their dementia.
There are also details about what's happening across the country and how to get involved in Dementia Awareness Week.